The data marketplace trend continues with these two announcements involving alternative supplier and sourcing related data.
Thomas and Bloomberg
On March 16, 2021, Thomas announced that it will provide industrial sourcing data, trends, and insights from the Thomasnet.com platform to Bloomberg clients as part of an Alternative Data catalog on the Bloomberg Enterprise Access Point. According to the press release:
Thomasnet.com is used by supply chain professionals, engineers, and MRO buyers to evaluate and select North American manufacturers and suppliers of mechanical and electrical components, custom manufacturing service providers, PPE providers, private label manufacturers, and machinery and equipment manufacturers… Bloomberg Enterprise Access Point is an online data marketplace that provides normalized reference, pricing, regulatory, historical and alternative datasets for Bloomberg Data License clients. Clients can browse quality data online, examine the metadata, sample datasets prior to acquisition, and immediately put them to use within their organization.
Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet is launching the D&B Data Marketplace, which is a virtual marketplace that connects users with prescreened alternative data sets that complement the Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud.
Survey results revealed that D&B’s clients have a need for niche business data that could be used with Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S Numbers for identifying more qualified prospects or leads, understanding competitive landscapes, and uncovering opportunities more easily.
The marketplace is in beta and new vendors are continuously being added. Current vendor offerings include:
- Emolument – Salary and Wage Data
- US Farm Data – 2 Million US Farmers & Ranchers
- CustomWeather – Historical Hourly and Daily Weather Observations
- Apatics – Physician and Medical Organization Data
- Black Knight – CRE Enhanced Data
- Construction Monitor – Construction Permits and Projects
- PipeCandy – eCommerce & D2C Company Intelligence
- LinkUp – Raw Job Postings Data
- Fundz – Venture Capital Funded Companies
- Every Market Media – Business Executive Email Account Disposition – Rolling 12mo
- RS Metrics – ESGSignals
- IQVIA – OneKey Healthcare Reference Data
- Intelligence360 – Saleswire (Sales Event Triggers)
- CSRHub – ESG Business Intelligence
- Randall-Reilly – EDA Office Equipment Purchases
- IHS Markit – Commercial Fleet Data