The Torch Insight COVID-19 Burden Index Projections analyzes hospital and ICU burden and estimates the total hospital bed and ICU capacity in counties and hospitals given current and projected COVID-19 case levels. Projections are extended up to 180 days from the most recent COVID-19 reported case numbers. The Burden Index Projections estimate if the hospital or county has exceeded its normal capacity.
To get started you select one of the following dashboards:
- Metropolitan Area
- Hospital Specific
When you select your option, a dashboard appears that provides the following data:
- Date When Location/Hospital Exceeds ICU Beds Capacity
- Exceeds All Hospital Beds Capacity
Estimated ICU Cases in 3 Weeks
Estimated Hospital Cases in 3 Weeks
- Estimated ICU Bed Availability in 3 Weeks
- Estimated Hospital Bed Availability in 3 Weeks
- Maximum Hospital Bed Usage
- Ventilators Needed in Three Weeks
A chart that helps visualize the data is also provided.
To understand more in detail and see the sources used, you can view the Methodology.
Torch Insight is a market-centric data integration and analytics platform for healthcare insights by Leavitt Partners.
Photo by Wonderlane on Unsplash