Check out these recent market intel announcements!
Statzon, a Startup to Watch, Raises Additional Funding – Statzon, a Finnish market intelligence startup, allows you to access market reports and insights from hundreds of reputable sources with one subscription. It recently raised a 400K EUR seed funding round, which followed a successful €350k seed funding round in January 2022. The company launched its first vertical, automation and robotics, and has expanded coverage to include a new e-mobility vertical, which the new funding will be used for. Turo Numminen, Co-founder of Sofokus Ventures states, “Statzon was able to demonstrate growth in selected verticals, and they have a highly scalable business model to be replicated in more areas.” With Statzon, you can search topics and compare data between sources, then easily export. One search accesses +3M market insights and reports from +250 market information sources.
The simple, straight-forward pricing plan and subscription model is a plus. The provider coverage is interesting as both data from commercial providers as well as leading industry associations are available. This allows for deep dive and comprehensive coverage at the same time. The resources available fully support the coverage areas of the available starter packages: Collaborative Robots, Industrial Robots, Mobile Robots, Medical Robots, Robot End-of-Arm Tools, Warehouse Automation, E-Mobility, Automotive, Electric Vehicle Charging, and Electric Vehicles. A free account is available and pricing plans start €400/month for up to 5 users for chosen starter packages. The Insights package is €1500/month allowing 5 users full access to entire database. Enterprise pricing is not available.
New ESG Tools: Ernst & Young and Thomson Reuters – Newly developed ESG solution offerings were recently announced that include a supplier risk management service offering and access to sustainability tax content. According to the press release (directly quoted):
- Supply Chain Risk Identification: This service offering provides insight-based actions to address global supply chain challenges by leveraging both EY US and Thomson Reuters data, technology and human experience. The solution delivers deep insights into supply chains, leading to the identification of ESG-related supply chain risks, such as increased supplier visibility and forced labor, while providing risk scoring and delivering ongoing monitoring to paint a broader picture of supply chain transparency.
- The ESG “Green” Tax Framework: This research, analytics and data collection framework includes global tax laws, regulatory information, policy developments and industry insights across a global footprint. It provides a central location for known ESG tax obligations, credits and incentive scenario planning as well as a look over the horizon to policies being considered across the globe.
WNS Acquires The Smart Cube – WNS, a global Business Process Management (BPM) solutions provider, announced it has acquired procurement and supply chain research powerhouse The Smart Cube and OptiBuy, a European procurement platform consulting and implementation solutions provider. The Smart Cube offers their proprietary digital AI knowledge management platform, “Amplifi Pro,” which provides procurement and market intelligence and insight-based decision making. The Smart Cube’s partner ecosystem enhances their offerings through data, technology, industry expertise and commercial strategy. Their current partner ecosystem include:
- Bureau van Dijk – Orbis database provides quality information on close to 400 million companies and entities across the globe
- CASME – global membership network for corporate procurement that provides market insights, benchmarking, best practice solutions, in-depth learning, and peer networking opportunities
- Cirtuo – provider of strategic procurement software; the alliance is designed to empower category management for procurement teams
- Craft – provider of enterprise supply chain intelligence that aids discovery, evaluation and monitoring of suppliers
- Coupa – leading spend management platform; The Smart Cube offers Amplifi PRO in the Coupa Business Spend Management Platform for on-demand intelligence
- JAGGAER – self-governing B2B commerce experience between buyers, suppliers, things (IoT) and partners
- Nielsen – well known global measurement and data analytics company that provides view of consumers and markets worldwide
- Polymerupdate – leading producer of real time news feeds, daily price assessments and analysis of various petrochemical products (partner ecosystem source – The Smart Cube website)
Government AI Readiness Index – Released December 15, the 2022 Government AI Readiness Index includes 181 countries and measures how ready these governments are in implementing AI in delivering public services to their citizens. The index measures 39 indicators across 10 dimensions, and 3 pillars: Government, Technology Sector, and Data & Infrastructure. Oxford Insights produces the Index and “works worldwide to combine the best in technology with the best in government, specialising in areas including artificial intelligence, digital transformation, leadership development, evidence-based policy and technology startups.”
Some highlights from the Index (directly quoted):
- USA tops the index but Singapore leads in two out of three pillars.
- Western European countries make up fewer than half of the top 10 countries for the first time as three East Asian countries achieve top 10 positions.
- AI strategy work is dominated by middle income countries.
- AI skills are global, with future developers emerging in a diverse set of countries.
The public dataset can be accessed here.