Built on the foundation of APICS, it was announced on January 22 that the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) officially launched. ASCM’s mission is to be the global leader in supply chain management transformation. Here are highlights concerning ASCM’s launch:
- The APICS brand and logo will be a part of ASCM.
- APICS credentials (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD and SCOR-P) and the APICS body of knowledge will continue to be a global standard in learning and professional development.
- APICS Chapters and Partners will continue to serve ASCM members and certification candidates with local networking opportunities and in-person training.
- All existing APICS memberships have become ASCM memberships.
- Also launched is the new SCM NOW magazine, which will replace APICS magazine.
- The ASCM Supply Chain Learning Center is a centralized hub for education and professional development.