The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has posted a great article where the CIA librarians share “tips and tricks on how to find, organize, and sift through information.” This is “applicable to anyone who needs to do research, whether you are a student, scholar, or just someone who likes to explore new ideas.” These ideas are also really great for business professionals! Key tips include:
- Expand your search terms.
- Advanced search is your friend.
- Keep track of your sources.
- Document, document, document. “Plagiarism is never a good thing…”
- Organize your thoughts and main points.
- Keep track of deadlines.
Read the entire article for more tips (there are 10 in total) and more detailed information about each tip.